When our doors opened in August 2008, Coconut Palm immediately became one of the most advanced learning centers of its kind in the Miami area. Our cutting-edge facilities are equipped with sophisticated learning tools seldom seen in our region, including a high-tech media center, science lab, outdoor learning courtyard, spacious greenhouse, cyber café and more.
Students interested in science and technology enjoy our challenging, diverse and safe learning environment. They will leave here not only knowing more about their environment and their personal health and wellness, but they will have the tools necessary to succeed in high school and beyond.
At Coconut Palm, students, parents, teachers and administrators work together to establish what we call the Legacy of Excellence.
Coconut Palm is a unique school, and that means we’re looking for unique students. Our school is separated into a lower academy (grades K–5) and an upper academy (grades 6–8). Coconut Palm is open to all students, with the only prerequisite being that they must demonstrate a strong interest in science and technology in order to enroll.
- All Coconut Palm students will wear a uniform consisting of a school-issued white/light blue lab coat.
- Students will complete major quarterly projects.
- Grade five and Upper Academy students are required to complete community service hours as designated.
- Weekly current events in the field of science.
Coconut Palm Facilities
As the newest school in the Miami-Dade County system, Coconut Palm is home to some of the most technologically advanced facilities in the region. Our campus includes:
- Four buildings (two three-level, two two-level).
- Cutting-edge technology and interactive boards in every classroom.
- Large courtyard designed for outdoor teaching.
- Cyber Café
- Cafetorium complete with stage for school productions.
- Age-appropriate playgrounds.
- High-tech media center
- Reading room for pre-kindergarten and first grade students.
- Two music suites
- Two spacious art rooms
- High-tech science lab
- Large greenhouse
- Technologically simulated medical classroom.
Coconut Palm K-8 Academy is located in the rapidly growing community of Princeton, just south of Miami. Our neighborhood is as unique as our school. Newer residential communities combine with well-established agricultural areas to create a diverse an exciting population. Many of the surrounding businesses are involved in the agriculture and medical industries, and many of them have pledged their support in lending their expertise to help educate our students.